On this day in 1772, Samuel Adams sent a letter through the Committees of Correspondence that helped earn Sam Adams the title of "Father of the American Revolution." The letter can be found at the Hanover Historical Texts Project.
Adams focused on three things:
• The Natural Rights of the Colonists as Men.
• The Rights of the Colonists as Christians
• The Rights of the Colonists as Subjects [Englishmen].
Reading this letter is the first step in becoming
• An Extraordinary American
• An Extraordinary Christian
• An Extraordinary Human Being
Virtually nobody in Washington D.C. cares about our rights as Americans, as Christians, or as human beings. If Samuel Adams were to travel through time to our day, he would take immediate steps to repeal the Constitution and abolish the government it created.
Please take a few minutes to read Samuel Adams' letter, and a few comments we've attached, here.