Tuesday, March 21, 2006

32 Tuesdays

After today there are 32 Tuesdays until the 2006 Election. What do I expect to accomplish between now and then by running for Congress against the third most powerful Republican in the House? That will be the subject of this blog.

There are already many blogs that cover political races, political news, and events related to the upcoming election, and are updated frequently. I can think of hammeroftruth.com and rationalreview.com as two examples. I'm not going to try to compete with them. This blog is broader in focus, looking more at "the big picture."

This is my third campaign for Congress. I am committed to running for Congress as long as I am alive or physically able. I believe it's a great vehicle for advancing "the big picture," though it's only one possible vehicle. Winning the election is not my primary goal, although getting people to "vote" for me might be a great way for them to start acting in defense of "the big picture."

Roy Blunt already has over $1,000,000 to spend on his campaign. I am not accepting a single dime in campaign contributions. Yet it is not impossible for an upset to occur in this election. And although I certainly don't expect to win, I think I could be a Congressman that America's Founding Fathers would be proud of.

My thanks to Jake Porter who created this blog and helped get me started. I'm completely new to the blogosphere.

3 comments:

Jake Porter said...

Good post.

Why would you collect $1,000,000 to run a campaign which you are expected to win with over 70% of the vote?

Lets see how many votes Kevin can get this election. Why not tell your friends and neighbors about this campaign.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging and good luck in the upcoming election. From what I have seen you would be a Congressman that should make us all proud.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

The Libertarian Guy said...

I'll bet you $3.50 that Blunt gives some of his largesse to OTHER Republican candidates...