Sunday, October 07, 2007

McCain and "Christian America"

Last weekend Sen. John McCain gave an interview for BeliefNet.com. Click here for John McCain on Islam, Mormonism, America as a Christian nation, his move from an Episcopal to Baptist church -- Beliefnet.com. My opinion of McCain went up after viewing the interview, though I'll still vote for Ron Paul. I now definitely prefer McCain to Giuliani the criminal thug.

Today the New York Times published an op-ed by Newsweek editor Jon Meacham, reacting to McCain's pandering to the Religious Right.

I have analyzed Meacham's editorial here: http://IsAmericaAChristianNation.com/mccain.htm

2 comments:

Ed Darrell said...

I cannot believe you're still up to this old, misquided script.

Kevin Craig said...

Why not? What do you think would have changed my thinking? You're welcome to tell me more specifically where I've been misled.

We could start with my first substantive claim: "America was certainly 'established' before the Constitution was written in 1787."

That seems indisputable to me. Was it Christian? Seems to me it was. Would the constitution have been ratified by the 13 Christian Theocracies if it appeared to repudiate God and convert America from a Christian nation to a secular one? I can't imagine it.

And if you don't want to waste your time posting on my under-read blog, I understand; where's a good well-read place to get un-misguided? :-)