The Cult of the Omnipotent State
The basic political philosophy of the Libertarian Party is stated in its Statement of Principles:
This is a very important statement.
We, the members of the Libertarian Party, challenge the cult of the omnipotent state and defend the rights of the individual.
- The Declaration of Independence says our rights come from God. The modern State now claims to be the giver and protector of our rights.
- America used to be a nation "Under God." The modern State now claims it is God.
- Americans used to say, "In God We Trust." In practice, Americans now trust the State rather than God to provide salvation and national security.
- In short, belief in the State has become an idolatrous cult.
• Is the Republican Party a Cult?
• The Cult of Social Security
• The Cult of "National Security"
• The Gospel of Judas and the Gospel of Bush