Friday, May 21, 2010

Barack Obama vs. Rand Paul

I received an email from "Organizing for America" at BarackObama.com asking me to send this letter to Rand Paul:

Dr. Rand Paul --

There's nothing to debate about the Civil Rights Act -- this is 2010.

If you're asked about whether businesses have a right to segregate lunch counters, there's only one correct answer -- and that is, "No."

Signed,

Jim Glenn
OFA State Director
Kentucky

In the context of this discussion of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, to say that businesses do not have a right to segregate is to say that if Prof. Walter Williams chooses to open up a restaurant that caters to black libertarians, and Prof. Williams chooses not to serve white fascists in his own restaurant, the Federal Government has the Constitutional authority to send armed jack-booted thugs to Prof. Williams' restaurant and lock him in a federal prison with a psychopath to be sodomized. As George Washington is reported to have said, "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force." I believe racism must be overcome by reason, not force. This is the first reason I would not have voted for the Civil Rights Act.

The second reason is that I don't want to take the Lord's Name in vain, which I would do if I voted for the Civil Rights Act after taking a solemn oath to support the Constitution "so help me, God," when the Constitution gives the federal government no authority to dictate seating arrangements to restaurant owners.

Anyone who forms a judgment about the value of people based on the quantity of melanin in their epidermis should have all estimates of his I.Q. lowered a dozen points. Anyone who thinks government threats of violence make people more moral or intelligent should have all estimates of his I.Q. lowered two dozen points.

-----=====******O******=====-----

Update: "Civil Rights" and Total War - Pro Libertate: William Norman Grigg

In Defense of Bigots

No comments: