The Chinese Communists block access to certain Internet sites which they do not want the Chinese people to see. It’s still difficult to challenge the party-state directly. Organizing even a study group, much less a tiny political party, can land you in jail. The Chinese government is clearly a worse dictatorship than the one complained of in the Declaration of Independence.
But so is the U.S. federal government of today. Everyone who signed the Declaration would agree: the U.S. is a tyranny worse than that of King George III.
Here's an interesting item from the Washington Post:
China demanded Thursday that the United States do more to prevent Taiwan from holding a controversial pro-independence referendum . . .
China is a dictatorship that doesn't even want Taiwan to have a VOTE on the issue of liberty. Voting is bad? Only a dictatorship would think so. Ah, but here's the rest of the sentence:
. . . but a senior U.S. official said Washington has already done all it can to get the vote called off
Yup. Voting is bad. That's the mark of a dictatorship.
Another mark of a dictatorship is state control of property. The U.S. government takes about 60% of everything you earn. Your home can be seized if the government believes someone else will pay more taxes for it. These are marks of a dictatorship.
The United States is not just a dictatorship, but it is an atheistic dictatorship. The government demands more tithes than God Himself, and then uses the money they steal to remove God from public schools and other public places. America's Founding Fathers said the government not only has a duty to be "neutral" with respect to religion, but has a duty to promote the true religion. The Supreme Court repeatedly declared that America was officially and legally "a Christian nation," but more recently the atheistic Court has been at war with Christianity.
When you look at America through the lens of those who threw tea into the Boston Harbor over a tax of 3 pence per pound, and bathed the creation of the Constitution in prayer, starting a tradition of government-sponsored prayer that still haunts atheists in Washington D.C. -- looked at through their eyes, America today is an atheistic dictatorship.
Here are some contemporary issues facing America. If America's Founding Fathers could read any one of these, they would probably declare it to be an independent justification for another American Revolution. They show the U.S. to be an atheistic dictatorship.
• The Court has rejected the most fundamental rules of interpreting the Constitution.
• The Court has completely forgotten that the Constitution is a document of "enumerated powers."
• The 2 party system is a monopoly of restricted ballot access and rigged elections against third parties.
• The government legalizes the killing of 4,000 babies every day.
• A "republican form of government" has been replaced with a system that James Madison would have called "the essence of tyranny": an "administrative state."
• The government takes two-thirds of everything you earn. You never even see one-third.
• The government prohibits teachers in our local neighborhood public schools from teaching students that the Declaration of Independence really is true.
• The government seizes private property at will.
• The government is an oligarchy.
• It carries out imperialism.
• It has killed two million innocent non-combatant men, women, and children in Iraq.
• It has destroyed the Bill of Rights.
• The government denies "The Laws of Nature and of Nature's God" and imposes disobedience of those laws.
• The government debases the currency, stealing billions of dollars from citizens.
• The government is choking off liberty around the world through untold thousands of tentacles of atheism and immorality.
• The government has officially repudiated its duty to Christ.
• The government has repudiated "True Religion".
• The government repudiates The National Duty to God.
• The government has turned this nation into an idolatrous Cult of statism.
Every single person who signed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, if they could compare the United States with the Soviet Union and Communist China, would say all three are atheistic dictatorships.